Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Misty’s Original Salted Caramel
- 300ml thickened cream
- Fresh summer berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- Misty’s Original Salted Caramel and mint to garnish
- Preheat oven to 150C. Beat the egg whites in an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form. Add the sugar gradually and beat for 6 minutes. Add the white vinegar and mix on high for a further 2 minutes.
- Spread the meringue into circles on a baking paper lined oven tray. If you’re making one large stack make the circles around 10-15cm in diameter and allow enough room for them to spread. You could also make small circles (around 6cm diameter) to make individual mini meringues. Drizzle Misty’s Salted Caramel over the meringues and spread roughly. Reduce the oven temperature to 120C and cook the meringues for 30-35 minutes.
- Once crisp, turn the oven off and leave the meringues to cool in the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- Beat thickened cream in an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
Once cold, place one meringue circle on a serving platter, spread 1 tablespoon of cream and sprinkle summer berries. Place another meringue circle on top. Repeat until you have all of the meringue stacked. Place the summer berries on top of the stack and drizzle with Misty’s Salted Caramel. Mint to garnish.